Welcome to London

On very elaborate trips that especially encompass flighing there is always a problem. We have been extremely lucky. Flights get cancelled due to weather, planes have mechanical problems, a plane gets over booked, a flight is delayed. There are many things that could happen. We so far have had only small problems until now… Let me explain.. Upon our arrival we quickly realized that our flight had been delayed for one hour. Typically that wouldn’t be so bad except that hour was part of the hour and a half we had to get to our next flight to South Africa. We now only had 40 minutes if our first flight took off squarely on time. We waited the time to board. This delay had been caused by a plane switch because the original plane was physically impaired in some way. So to keep as much on schedule as possible they switched planes but they were still late by one hour. We still thought we could make it. We were all nervous but we thought we could. During the flight the flight attendant received an e-mail from the crew of our next flight. They tracked where our plane currently was and they rescheduled us. The flight attendant informed us and showed us his list. It looked like it could be half of the plane that had to be rescheduled. Upon our arrival in London we tried to find the flight connections desk. We realized with kind of a dreading feeling, that we had landed in Terminal 5. Terminal 5 is the biggest terminal in the airport. It takes up three buildings! There is a tram connecting them. We finally reached the flight connections desk and talked to a kind woman who said that unfortunately there was not a morning flight to Johannesburg but there was an evening flight. So she booked us into the nicest hotel that belongs to Heathrow. She was very apologetic but gave us three meal vouchers for all of us. She also gave us bus passes and had the luggage people find our luggage and bring it to us. By this time it was 10:30 at night (London time). This was 12:30 in the time zone we were used to (Istanbul). We then went to baggage claim after entering the country. We then got in a bus called a hotel hoppa and went to our hotel. This hotel was called Hotel Raddison. We then fell asleep almost instantly.


About willrand

Will is interested in many different ambitions. He enjoys playing musical instruments such as the piano, organ, and the French horn. He has traveled to Turkey, South Africa, Cambodia, England and Scotland. Will loves to learn about new things and contemplating upon the mysteries of the world.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Welcome to London

  1. what happened? what happened???! what a cliff hanger! where are you now?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s